Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Video Game Draft.

There is a large amount of games coming out in the next few months. Mostly FPS's in their 3rd iterations. Some are just FP's. Some action adventure. And a new version of a new fighting game.

First Person Shooters
Battlefield 3
Resistance 3
Rage
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

First Person/Action Adventure/RPG
Dead Island
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Action RPG
Deus Ex: Human Revolution


3rd Person/Shooter/Action Adventure
Gears of War 3
Assassins Creed Revelations
Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception
Batman: Arkham City

Fighting
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

With Deus Ex being out already that leaves 11 games I would personally like to get this year. Do I have the time for all these games? Probably not. And I definitely don't have the money to purchase all these. Within the time frame they are coming out. For this year I'll have to choose my main ones I want to get.

From the FPS category I pick, Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. I originally was only going to get Battlefield and not MW3. But I'll go into that in another post.

From FP/AA/RPG, I plan on getting Dead Island. Going by the trailers alone, I think Deep Silver did an amazing job from artistic standpoint. They never really show too much in the trailers, which can be bad and good at the same time. I know its a first person zombie survival type game, with some RPG elements thrown in. Its supposed to have a huge map to roam around in and 4 player co-op with drop ins, drop outs. It seems very melee orientated, instead of using mainly guns. In a way makes it more realistic. I really hope this game turns out well and has co-op free roam. As much as i'm excited about this game I'm still gonna wait for the reviews before spending my money on this one though.

The 3rd Person/Shooter/Action Adventure games I want to commit to are Uncharted 3 and Batman: Arkham City. I been a Uncharted fan since the beginning, I still feel Uncharted 2 is one of the most well made games of this console generation. And what can I say of about Arkham City. Arkham Asylum was the best Batman game ever made and I'm a decent sized comic book nerd. Arkham City looks to be even better then it predecessor.

I'm excited for the free update to Super Street fighter 4: Arcade Edition (called Ver. 2012). Because Yun and Fei Long are broken. But the only brand new fighter I could think of and the only one I want to get this year is UMvC3. Balance changes, 12 new characters, new colors, costumes and levels, MODOK dressed as Elvis, I'm sold. Capcom, you have my money yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment