Wednesday, January 5, 2011

3D Animation, demo reel.

Ah the Demo Reel. A few pieces of footage can make or break you from getting a job. If you don't know what a demo reel is I will make this as simple as I can. A demo reel is a digital portfolio. But it usually contains video instead of still pictures. They should range from about 1-2 minutes long. Containing the best work in the front to keep the employer engaged in your reel. You don't want to put the worse pieces in the front because they might just decide not to finish your reel. You probably have roughly 30 seconds to show the employer what you have as an artist before they decide your reel is worth finishing or not. I'm talking like I have all this experience getting an art job, when in reality I don't. But I did learn something from college!

I guess this short piece will stay in the front of my demo reel for now. I actually want to make some new stuff to add into here so I can bump this one down one or two spaces. Even this one is very far from perfect. *Sigh*

This piece will probably be 3rd or 4th. I'm trying to keep dialogue pieces in the front for a better emphasis on lip syncs and acting. Then put the body mechanics in the back. I'm trying to cater to certain companies with this version of my demo reel. Companies like Pixar and Dreamworks are more acting oriented. Video game companies might want more running and jumping animations for example. More physical pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment