Friday, January 7, 2011

No Way!

Everyone has an opinion or at least should have one. Since the new year has begun I've been seeing a lot of worst movies of 2010 lists out there. Which is great and all. But with The Expendables being one of them?! No way. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge movie fan. Most of my favorites are the movies that make you think. Have great characters and great character development. Great story arcs. Movies that mean something deeper then what you see on screen. But, I was born in the 80's growing up mostly in the 90's. I know my roots. Growing up with the likes of Sly Stone, Schwarzenegger, Dolf Lundgren, Mr. T, all those yolked action stars. They made simple movies about kickin ass and forgettin names. Real simple stories with some "over the top" (see what I did there?) action. And I still love and appreciate those movies. The Expendables brought a feeling of nostalgia. It brought back the 80's with a 20th century flare. I think thats what Stalone was going for. It wasn't one of the best movies of 2010 but definitely not one of the worst.
The Expendables, one of the worst movies of 2010? No way!

No comments:

Post a Comment